Monday 23 June 2014

Kiss Montrose's...

New scenario for Tibbermore

I'm still finding the story of the minister and Montrose's backside amusing but have stuck with the blandest of titles for this scenario.

I have revisited the forces and reached different conclusions to my original views. The Covenanters now have some "regular" troops and the Royalists some levy. My source is Stuart Reid's Auldearn 1645 (Osprey Campaign 123), a marvelous book on the whole campaign.

Play testing will be interesting because I think this may turn out to be more evenly balanced than the historical result. I may have to make further adjustments in due course.

In the meantime, I have roughed out the deployment:



This is a bit simple but I am working on getting the details of the units onto the map. A technical challenge so I'll have to ask the kids how to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment