Monday 28 August 2017

Ground Zero...

playtest version now up!



Although the rules are not yet complete, and there is much to do, I'm happy to share this current version in the hope of eliciting some useful feedback from those that take an interest. You can find them here.

The interesting thing about the mechanisms in this game are that they are very fun and very fast. Even playing both sides solo, the rules contain such a remarkable amount of uncertainty that they are very challenging. Mastering the tactics though will be the real trick.

My thanks as always to Peter for the fundamental ideas from his Grid Based SciFi game which form the basis of these rules.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh these look very nice.

    Playtest to follow. :)

    I've looked at several sets of rules at this scale for modern/Twilight/PMC scenarios - never quite finding the sweet spot - something always seems off (interrupt vs interrupt vs interrupt for instance).

    These look to have just the right amount of chaos with good sense of quality and numbers, if you know what I mean (and I'm sure that I've seen that damned PDF diagram before :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the graphics
    Will there be a .pdf of the rules available, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very tempting to go and get a couple of boxes of modern figures to tryout these rules. You certainly have put in a lot of effort and they are starting to look very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone,

    Thanks for your comments. I'm really pleased with how the rules are going. I do plan to make these available as a proper PDF and would like to publish them properly if they withstand testing. They are ideal for mucking around with as the base cost really is just a couple of boxes of plastic soldiers and some paper terrain, even paper HMMWVs(go on Peter, I know you want to!).

    If you play, let me know how you get on.

    Cheers

    Jay

    ReplyDelete